Hervé Liebgott is full professor at the University of Lyon 1. He leads the ultrasound group at CREATIS since 2017.
- Since 2015 Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on UFFC
- Since 2019 TPC Vice Co-Chair of Group 1 : medical ultrasonics, of the IEEE International Ultrasonics symposium
- Since 2014 member of the Technical Program Committee of the IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium
- 2014-2016 Associate member of the Bio Imaging and Signal Processing Technical Committee of the IEEE Signal processing Society.
- 2016 Local Arrangements co-chair of the IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium (Tours, France).
- 2016 – 2020 Main organizer of the first challenge at IUS: the Plane-wave Imaging Challenge in Medical UltraSound (PICMUS – Tours 2016). Co-organizer of the Synthetic Aperture Vector Flow Imaging Challenge (SAVFI – Kobe 2018).
- Since 2019 Challenge organization co-chair at the IEEE IUS.